I am an aspiring Content Developer / Creative Director with a passion for design & coding. With a sound IT knowledge and a creative mind I enjoy producing beautiful modern designs ready for print at industrial standards. I work mainly on the Windows platform but also own a Mac. I have hands on experience setting up and maintaining computers as well as maintaining apache web servers for hosting websites complete with mail box setup, configuring MS Outlook and phpMyAdmin to databases.
|Performance||Website design, coding & testing. Evaluation & improvement of website performance & search rankings. Host & server maintenance.|
|Software||Expert level use of Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver & Corel Draw. Average use of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Quarkxpress, Flash, Google SketchUp, Adobe Premiere, & Gimp.|
|Programming Languages||XHTML, HTML, CSS, PHP, Flash Action scripting, phpMyAdmin, mySQL, jQuery & Java scripting (AJAX). CMS - WordPress, Joomla, Drupal. SEO Skills, SQL.|
|Photography||Qualified professional photographer. Shot for: Nike, The Ministry of Defence (UK), Tony&Guy, IBIS Hotels, Miss USSR London, Miss Universe Contestants, Marks & Spencers, Australia House and many more.|
|Clerical||Good with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio & Outlook. Average touch typing speed of about 45 WPM.|
Aug 2008 - PresentAl-Burhan Group is a London based Iraqi Construction / Development Consultancy Firm which deals with various development projects with the Iraqi Government & western firms.
- Produce various creative art works for the company, including the company profile, stationary designs, letter heads and other company documentations.
- It is also my responsibility to ensure all media meets various company guidelines.
- Designing construction plans & layouts referring to reports from architectures & other construction departments to ensure that they meet our design guidelines.
- Create in-house publications such as hand outs, brochures, mini-brochures & business cards.
- Solely design & code the entire company website – both the front end and the admin back end.
- Update & maintain some of the company’s clients websites.
- Create - design & code Flash presentations that run on the company’s plasma screens & on mini disks that are specific to certain clients & focus areas such as locomotives, electricity & construction.
- I help with the networking and clipping of RJ45 connectors to the entire local area network (LAN) in the 4 storey building.
- Help in configuring the routers & switch.
- Maintain the CCTV server & ensure its smooth running & that everything is updated.
- Accompany company representatives when they attend trade fairs & shows to create a rich database of photos so they can be used in print & online publications & for the company website.
- Film, edit and produce various high quality videos for the company both for marketing purposes and also for the charity section of the company in order to highlight its achievements and services to the public sector.
GREENHOUSE BRAND WORKS
Jan 2008 - Jun 2008
Greenhouse Brand Works is a Creative Agency / Advertising Firm in Bangalore, South India. They specialize in creating & placing adverts for companies in news papers. They also cater to the design needs of companies for out door events, publications & online media.
- Coordinate with clients & follow up with their project process.
- Go out to meet clients & discuss their advertisment needs.
- Sit with clients for reviews & updates on their AD campaigns.
- Design creatives following the clients design schemes
- Design company logos
- Create follow on advertisements for on going ad campaigns
- Business card & office stationary designs for clients
- Brochures & other publications
- Design front end designs for clients websites
- Code them in Dreamweaver
- Design & create Flash banners
- Code contact us forms using PHP
- Design & create Flash presentation for clients.
- Create Auto run mini cds for clients products & services.
- Create Flash presentations that run on the clients websites.
- Go for product shoots with the client.
- Model shoots for the clients products aimed at a specific target audience.
- Location & Facilities shoots at the client's offices/factories.
- General photo shoots to cater to ongoing AD campaigns.
CONCEPT LEARNING (DIGI LEARN)
Jun 2007 - Dec 2007
Concept Learning is an E-Learning Design Studio in Bangalore, South India. They are well known for their product line under the name 'Digi Learn'. They design and develop interactive Flash content in accordance to the local Indian State school Syllabi & UK & International clients as well.
Business Development Manager
- Coordinate with clients & follow up with their project process.
- Go out to meet clients and discuss their requirements & often go through the story board with them.
- Distribute & organize the work flow with in my team.
- Animate & code scenes from the projects in Adobe Flash 8.
- Work on the company's website & its contents.
- Design & developer clients' websites.
Creative Team Executive
- Go through the story board with the script editors.
- Often give voice over for Flash interactive narration.
- Design & create flash interactive CD content following a set story board.
- Edit & optimize images from the graphic design team to be used in the flash presentations.
Registered and fully insured London based freelance photographer trading as ‘Budget Photographer’.
View the full client list here
TRAINEE NEWSPAPER REPORTER / EDITOR
1 Month, December 2005
Underwent a one month internship with ‘The Hindu’ Newspaper, (India’s Leading newspaper agency) Coimbatore Branch, as a trainee reporter cum editor. Published several articles.
TRAINEE COPYWRITER & GRAPHIC DESIGNER
1 Month, April 2006
Underwent a one month internship with ‘Adsync’, Bangalore. An Ad agency, specializing in Print Media. A member of Manipal Group.
THE AWARENESS & USAGE OF INTERNET AMONG COLLEGE STUDENTS
Nov 2006 - Apr 2007
Conducted a 6 month research programme on the 'The awareness and usage of the Internet among college students', using data collected from a sample of 100 students comprising of 4 different colleges of various streams.
PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Jan - Mar 2005
Was a member of a team of 5 students who developed a Production Management System for a private company using the following Software:
Front End - Visual Basic Dot NET
Back End - SQL Server
MA MASS COMMUNICATIONS
[MA MC] 2005 - 2007
- Reporting, Editing, Media History, Press Laws & Ethics
- Advertising, Theories of Communication, Print Production, Broadcast Journalism
- Mass Media Research Methods, Public Relations, Film Studies, Photography Theories
- Development & Marketing Communication, Photography, Research
BACHELOR OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS
[BCA] 2002 - 2005
- Cobol Programming, Financial Management & Accounting
- Digital Fundamentals & Computer Organisation, Unix & C, Practicals (Unix & C)
- Microprocessors & Assemble Language Programming, System Analysis & Design, C++
- PC Hardware, Design & Analysis of Algorithms, Database Management Systems
- Operating Systems, Intro. to Compiler Design, Client/Server Techniques, Mgmt Info Systems
- Computer Networks, S/W Engineering, Java, RDMS, Computer Graphics.
12TH STANDARD SCHOOL EXAMS
[HIGH SCHOOL] 1999 - 2001
St. Peter's Matriculation Higher Secondary School - Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu, South India.
- Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science, English & French
10TH GRADE SCHOOL EXAMS
[GCE - LONDON EXAMS] 1997 - Sri Lanka
école internationale School – Kandy, Sri Lanka.
- Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Human Biology & English